Monday, October 4, 2010

Update: Married Life :)

In honor of our one-month anniversary, I've decided to post one last blog entry on here to update you all on life after the wedding.

To start with, we had an amazing honeymoon in Mexico! We stayed at El Dorado Casitas Royale, an all-inclusive resort in the Riviera Maya, and it was fabulous! I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially honeymooners. The resort and the beach were beautiful, the gourmet food was amazing, and the weather was perfect. Most days we spent either at the beach or the pool, but we did do a few activities. We went snorkeling twice - once at the resort and once in Puerto Morales, the second largest reef in the world. We also did zip lines in the jungle in Selvatica, we went on a catamaran cruise at Maroma Beach (considered to be the prettiest beach in the world), and we explored Playa del Carmen on our last night. It was a blast! The only downside to the trip was the topless old women lounging on the beach...

Moving on to life in Connecticut. First of all, New England is GORGEOUS, especially now that the leaves are changing! The weather is wonderful - slightly chilly and overcast every day - textbook New England fall weather! In career news, I have a job now AND I got a promotion! As of tomorrow, I will be working as the PINK Category Supervisor at Victoria's Secret for the holidays. I'm still in search of that career job (the one I got the degree for), but for now, this is a good solution. I am also a cook in training... I'm definitely a novice in the kitchen, but my skills are steadily improving now that I have a hungry husband to feed every night and pretty much a professional kitchen to work in (thanks for the wedding gifts!). I actually enjoy cooking, too, or at least I do when Collin isn't hovering around and distracting me. What I've mainly learned so far is that lemon pepper works for all poultry. For instance, tonight we had lemon pepper tilapia with a side of broccoli. I also made pico de gallo for the first time tonight, and it was delicious! My next project is chili... It's perfect for fall, and it's outside of my comfort zone of meat and pasta, so it's something of a challenge.

I'm thinking about starting a blog of my cooking exploits... I have three cookbooks full of recipes to work through, and I'm so excited to finally be teaching myself things I thought would just come naturally as part of my woman's intuition (let's hope childraising is a little more intuitive than this). Every time I cook dinner without setting off the fire alarm or burning myself, it totally makes my night!

In other news, life with Collin is wonderful. :) It's so nice to have someone who is always there... I'm never lonely, which is an amazing feeling. Of course we're noticing more of each other's idiosyncrasies now, but in a way, it's endearing. I love Collin in spite of (and secretly, including) his weird throat noises and his uptightness, just like he loves me even though I have no sense of time or direction and will blow up in his face if he goes near the kitchen while I'm cooking. One thing I'm not sure if I will ever grow accustomed to is the farting. I know guys are gassy, but seriously! Not his most loveable quality. Lucky for him he's cute. ;)

I think that about sums it up... In a word, married life is: bliss. Stressful at times, unglamorous most of the time, yet perfect bliss. I wouldn't change my life for anything.

I'll post a link on here to my new blog should I decide to create one, so stay tuned! :)

Love,

C & A

1 comments:

Kirstin @ Hello Kirsti said...

First off, totally happy for you both <3
Second, You should totally food blog!! something I've found super helpful is making recipes from blogs, lots have step by step photos which helps with those 'is it supposed to look like that moments' like I was totally scared of making pasta, but I just read this post by an Alpha Gam in NY and i think I could try it with gluten. http://preppypinkcrocodile.blogspot.com/2010/10/homemade-gluten-free-pasta.html

Post a Comment