Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dress, Diet, and Deadlines!

Hey all!

I made some purchases tonight for the wedding, so I wanted to update you on what's been happening! Here's a quick recap of what we ordered:
  • vases for the reception
  • sparklers :)
  • cake topper!
  • garter
The cake topper and garter are both from Etsy, an amazing website where crafty people sell their handmade stuff. There are LOTS of cute wedding items on there, which are really fun to browse through. :) The sparklers we actually bought online also, and the shipping was free! It's amazing what you can find online these days... I would say that 95% of my planning has consisted of online research.

Also, Collin and I finally decided on our first dance song. :) I'm not going to say what it is yet, but I'll give you a hint: it's old school! Can't wait!!

In other news, my dad is continuing to recover and is eating much better than before, which means we are all eating better! Wedding diet commences now, I guess! Haha. Now I just need to start working out... or maybe the stress of the wedding will take care of any excess fat lol. Either way, I definitely don't have any room for error in my dress!

Speaking of the dress, after looking at photos from my last fitting, I've decided that it's not quite up to par yet, unfortunately. It's in L.A. right now, but after Caitlin gets done with it, I'll need to take it back in for alterations two weeks before the wedding. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out in a timely manner! I have full faith in Caitlin, but it's other people I don't trust as much... And it is a rather important piece of clothing. :) I think it will be fine, honestly, but I do get paranoid every now and then.

Invitations are still in the works, but definitely coming along! I hope to have them out by next weekend or shortly thereafter. Cait has done a fabulous job designing them. She is basically the creative director of our wedding haha. She's awesome!

56 days to go!!! The official countdown has begun. :)


Love,

C & A

P.S. If you know of any great sites/stores to recommend for wedding shoes, please comment!! I have done a lot of searching with no luck so far... Already checked Zappos, Overstock, Off Broadway, Dillard's, and Macy's. Help!

0 comments:

Post a Comment