Sunday, May 16, 2010

GRADUATION!!

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posts. Finals consumed my life for a while, but it is ALL OVER now, because as of yesterday, I am officially an alumna of Belmont University!! That's right, I GRADUATED! :) After much deliberation and anxiety (not to mention countless sleepless nights), I turned in my FINAL THESIS on Tuesday of this week. My tutor was gracious enough not to force more revisions out of me, so I was finally able to get it done!! I felt better than I have in MONTHS (literally) after turning that thing in. It was awesome.

Collin came in Thursday night, and Friday morning began another marathon weekend for us. I had graduation rehearsal at 9, we had marriage counseling from 11-1, and then we had to drive straight back to campus for Baccalaureate at 2. Whew! We got some dinner after Baccalaureate at my favorite restaurant in the world - Las Palmas. As much as I joke about it, I really am going to miss that place!

Saturday was graduation day, and it was a busy day, too! But a good one :) Graduation was at 10 am, yet I had to be there super early for no real reason. The ceremony was loooong, but surprisingly enough, I actually enjoyed it - even President Fisher's speech, which was much shorter and more creative than I ever anticipated. Funny thing is, I don't remember much at all about my walk across the stage. I know people cheered, but I paid no attention to the audience; I didn't even catch everything Fisher said to me when he handed me my diploma... I know he said "very impressive" (in reference to my honors) and "congratulations," but then he kept talking as I walked away, and I just kept nodding and saying "thanks so much!" Haha oh well.

Following graduation was an extensive photo session (in 90 degree weather, no less) and then lunch at Chili's. My graduation dinner was at Buca - believe it or not - and it was delicious. :) My parents gave me a vintage Alpha Gamma Delta badge, which I have been wanting for quite some time. It's from 1936 from the University of Kentucky, and it's a crown pearl badge with a diamond, which basically means it has a lot of bling. ;) My wonderful in-laws-to-be even got me a gift and a card! I was so surprised and humbled. They got me a lovely charm bracelet with a snowflake charm (I'm assuming to remind me of Minnesota). So sweet!! My family is awesome. :)

Here are a few pictures from graduation (FYI- the baby is my nephew, Cooper!):


Thanks to everyone for all your love and support throughout this semester!! It all paid off, and now I can focus on getting a job and getting married. :)

For a quick update on everything else...
  • I plan on moving up to CT at the end of June
  • I will be going to MN in a couple weeks with Collin for his brother's graduation plus some wedding activities :)
  • I will be in Chicago next weekend for another wedding (the second in two weeks!), and it will be my first time there!
  • I have to get a flexible sigmoidoscopy on Wednesday, so keep me in your prayers! It's not a major procedure, but I'm nervous about it because I hear it's super uncomfortable unless you go under (which means I will probably go under), and it basically requires fasting... Anyone who knows me knows how much I eat, so this will be a problem.
  • Wedding planning is in full swing now that school is out... so be prepared for lots of updates!

Love,

C & A

0 comments:

Post a Comment