Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The in-laws' visit! [warning: lots of photos!]

Collin and his family came into town this past weekend, and we got a lot accomplished! His parents and siblings stayed at my parents' house. Collin and I also slept over there Friday night, and it was a little packed... We had an amazing time, though. On Friday my parents and I showed the Gebhards the church, and we checked out two potential venues for the rehearsal dinner. The one Collin's mom decided to go with is a nearby neighborhood clubhouse. Here are some pictures of the exterior and interior:


We also went out to dinner Friday night at Carrabba's to celebrate Collin's and my engagement. :) We called ahead but still had to wait a long time for a table... So we did a little shopping at TJ Maxx to pass the time, haha. Here are some pics from dinner:


After dinner, I got to look through photo albums of Collin growing up. I must say, he was a really cute kid! I definitely would have had a crush on him when I was little, even if he was way older than me. ;)

Collin and I also opened our first wedding presents! His parents got us pots and pans, a tea cup and saucer they received as a wedding present, and my very first cookbook! :) They also gave us these beautiful embroidered pillowcases that say 'Mr' and 'Mrs' and were made by Collin's grandmother while she was alive. She made them for all the grandchildren as wedding presents, which is a lot of pillowcases! They are so special to me because Collin loved her so much. I wish I could have met her, but I feel very lucky to have something made by her. I'm marrying into an amazing family! Here are a couple pics of the presents:


Saturday was a very relaxing day. My parents and I showed the Gebhards Old Natchez (our reception site) as well as downtown Franklin. Then we all had some of my mom's homemade soup for dinner and played Wii and Rook for the rest of the night. It was my first time playing Rook, so I had to get a long tutorial, but I think it was the most fun we had all weekend. :) Here's some pics from Saturday (the boys were sleepy):


It was a wonderful visit, and an awesome end to an otherwise dull Spring Break. It was unusually hard to say good-bye to Collin this time, but the good news is we have already booked his flight for April! He will be here April 9-12, and we will be taking our engagement photos on the 10th! Yay! :) I already can't wait to see him again, and I'm definitely looking forward to my MN visit in June! I just have to graduate first... Yikes! Pray that I'll my finish my thesis on time!!

Love,

C & A

0 comments:

Post a Comment