Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Honeymoon? Check!

Exciting news!! We have officially booked our honeymoon :)

And we will be going to...

the RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO!!!

We are going to be staying at the El Dorado Casitas Resort, which is on the coast between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. It is a AAA Four Diamond resort, and it is BEAUTIFUL! We have our own private infinity pool (in addition to the 13 other pools at the resort), a beach bed, a jacuzzi, a private sunset dinner on the beach, a spa package, and so much more. We also have the opportunity to do all sorts of activities: parasailing, snorkeling, kayaking, excursions, nightly parties, etc. We're so excited!!

Here are a couple pictures of where we will be staying:


The picture on the left is the inside of a casita suite, and the picture on the right shows the casitas on the 2nd level, which is where we will be!

Here is the link to the website, if you want to check it out some more:

Collin takes all the credit for this, since finding a honeymoon spot was his "job." :) I must say, I am very impressed!! Originally we were looking at Sandals resorts for the most part - which are still very, very nice - but we got such a great deal on this one that we just couldn't pass it up. Plus it's gorgeous!

Here is the link to the Sandals Royal Bahamian, which was our second choice:

So now we can mark honeymoon off the list! We are officially booked! Yay!!

Next up are engagement photos, save the dates, ring shopping, and marriage counseling... We take our engagement photos next Saturday! I'm so excited! But that means I have a lot to do before then... working out, getting my hair done, getting my nails done (maybe), etc. We are still working on invitations and save the dates, so no final decision has been made yet. Just start checking your mail before long and you'll see what we picked out :) We'll start shopping for wedding bands on Saturday as well, and we FINALLY chose a marriage counselor (counseling is required at my church), so we will meet with her on Sunday. Collin gets in next Thursday!! :)

In other news...
  • I have a meeting with my Nashville seamstress on Thursday about my dress, which is awesome because I was starting to get nervous that I hadn't heard from her!
  • My thesis is pretty much due next week.... Yikes! Please pray that I am able to get it done.
  • I presented my thesis for the first time over the weekend in Little Rock, AR at a conference. It went ok... but I still have a ways to go. The conference was a lot of fun, though!
  • I only have one class tomorrow before Easter Break! Yay! One of the perks of going to a Christian college :) The only drawback is that I have to work on Easter Sunday :( Not too happy about that.
I'll keep you posted about everything! Sorry my posts are fewer and farther in between... It's getting to the end of the school year, and life is crazy busy! Let's hope I graduate in a few weeks so I can be done!

C & A

0 comments:

Post a Comment