Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dress Update!

I had a meeting today with my seamstress at b. Hughes, Edith. She had some fabric swatches picked out for me that were very nice, but much pricier than I anticipated... She said she would shop around some more, though. She also took my measurements so she can start working on a muslin sample gown (not sure what else to call this?) to get an idea of the shape of the real gown. She complimented me on my small waist, which is always encouraging to hear :) especially since I had been feeling larger than life lately...

She might have the unadorned dress ready to go by the beginning of June - if all goes well (and quickly) - for when I travel to MN with Collin. Caitlin will be there, so she would get the chance to see me in the gown and take it home with her to L.A. to finish it. This would be ideal, but definitely a quick turnaround for Edith. The latest I should have the dress from her is sometime in July, so I can at least have it back from Caitlin in time for my bridal shoot :)

Getting excited!! It's hard to keep the dress details secret from Collin...

C & A (well, just A this time)

0 comments:

Post a Comment