Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thesis? CHECK CHECK CHECK!

Exciting news, everyone!! I FINALLY submitted the first draft of my thesis! :) YAY! I was honestly beginning to doubt if this day would ever come, haha. But seriously... Graduation seemed so far away and perhaps even an impossibility, but now it's right around the corner, and guess who is getting a diploma?? :) Plus I found out I get to wear a medallion for graduating from the honors program! I knew there was a reason I put myself through all this... Lol.

The next step for the thesis is my oral defense, which is this coming Wednesday. My committee (which consists of my thesis tutor and two other professors in fields related to my topic) have my draft now, so they will come prepared to ask me all sorts of questions on Wednesday. The purpose of the oral defense is to discuss strengths and weaknesses of the thesis but also for them to test my knowledge on my topic, which goes beyond what is just written in my thesis. Kind-of intimidating... But I'll do whatever it takes at this point, now that my draft is finally in!

On Thursday, I have to present my thesis (for the third time now) at BURS - the Belmont Undergraduate Research Symposium. And of course, I'm presenting right after the guy who wrote a musical for his thesis... Everyone is going to hate me, haha. Oh well. I don't even like my topic that much anymore lol.

The final draft of my thesis is due the following Wednesday, May 5th, which also happens to be Cinco de Mayo... A think a margarita or two might be well deserved that night. :)

So that's what is coming up next - in the meantime, I have four other final papers due within the same time frame, so these next two weeks are going to be rough... Please pray that I make it out with some of my sanity!

Finally, THANK YOU to all of you who have encouraged and supported me on my thesis! You all are wonderful, and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I especially want to thank my incredible fiance for putting up with a wide range of stress-induced craziness over the past few weeks... He must be a saint, honestly. Collin, I couldn't have done it without you! I love you with all my heart!


Blessings,

C & A

0 comments:

Post a Comment