Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thesis? ALMOST CHECK!!

Exciting news, everyone: It looks like I will be graduating in May after all!!!! :)

My thesis is FINALLY picking up, and I have found a way to incorporate all the writing I did before altering my topic. So now I have about 35 pages DONE, and I only need to write about 15 or so more! I will turn in my first draft early next week!!! From there, I will give my oral defense to my thesis committee, await their suggestions, present at the Belmont Undergraduate Research Symposium, and make changes to my final draft, which I will turn in by May 5th!!! Then, I am DONE!!!!!!! I can't believe I am actually going to make it... I was honestly starting to give up hope and was trying to convince myself that an August graduation wouldn't be so bad...

Thank you all SO MUCH for all your prayers and encouragement. I honestly believe it made a difference. :)

Soon I can just focus on wedding planning and the job hunt! As if that's no big deal... Haha.

In other news, Collin gets in on FRIDAY of this week! We are going to have a CRAZY weekend full of wedding stuff (which leaves me little time to work on the thesis, but I'll have to make it work!) Here is our crazy schedule:

Friday:
- Pick up Collin at 10:30 pm!!!! :)

Saturday:
- Engagement photos with Matt Andrews from 11 am to 2 pm
- Ring shopping!
- Registry research
- Dinner with parents?

Sunday:
- Church and lunch with parents
- Registry appointment at Bed Bath and Beyond at 2 pm
- Dinner at home
- Greek Sing!

Monday:
- Class at 9 am (just me)
- First marriage counseling session at church at 11 am
- Collin leaves at 6:30 pm :( :(

So, wish me luck on finishing up my thesis amidst all the craziness of Collin's visit, wedding planning, and Greek Week... But at least now I know I can do it :) I am so happy!!!!

Love,
C & A

P.S. Hope you all had a lovely Easter! I spent the day with my family, and it was amazing. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So I thought I wrote a comment on this, but I guess it didn't post. :( Anyways, just wanted to say how proud I am of you babe and how happy I am that you are confident about graduating!!!!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Post a Comment