Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

I have LOTS of random news to update you on, so here goes!

First off, I celebrated my 22nd birthday last Thursday, the 18th! Collin came in the night before (actually, I picked him up at around midnight), so I got my perfect birthday present :) We went out to dinner with my parents that night at a new Mexican restaurant in Cool Springs called Chuy's, which was pretty good! Of course we had cake and all that good stuff, too, plus my parents forced us to sit through old home videos ;) It was a fun night! I'm a very blessed girl.

I got lots of great stuff this year, but one of the coolest birthday presents I got was a homemade necklace from my very own sister-to-be (and bridesmaid and dress-maker) Caitlin! It's so pretty and thoughtful! I think I might be marrying into a pretty decent family ;) Here's a pic of the necklace (I can't get it to turn right-side up...):


On Saturday, Collin and I had a birthday/engagement dinner at Firefly in Green Hills before my sorority's semi-formal. A bunch of my friends came, and it was so much fun! I definitely recommend Firefly... Delicious!

Collin and I also celebrated Valentines Day during his visit, and it was wonderful! I have such an amazing fiance. I hope he doesn't mind if I brag on him a little, but he did some awesome stuff for Valentines!! For presents, he unwrapped a bunch of Hershey's kisses, took out the paper slips, and rewrapped them all with slips he printed off saying all the things he loves about me (see below for an example) :) He also made me a mixed CD with a bunch of songs that remind him of me, and he even recorded his own track wishing me a Happy Valentines Day! The last thing he did, which was the best of all, I'll keep secret since I think he would be concerned about preserving his masculinity, haha. Just know that it was very thoughtful and romantic, and he's pretty much the best guy ever!


In wedding news, I think we have our photographers narrowed down to three:
1) Laurie Carpenter - http://www.lauriecarpenter.com

Each photographer is pretty unique, but I like them all for different reasons... Laurie is more traditional, Keoni is definitely more eclectic, and Matt is a combination of both. My mom and I have already met with Laurie, and Collin and I met with both Keoni and Matt while he was here over the weekend. We liked them both, so I set up additional appointments with both of them so my mom could meet them. Our meeting with Keoni is tomorrow, and our meeting with Matt is next Friday, but he's holding our date for now. I'm excited to see how these meetings go, since my last meetings with them were pretty brief (they were both on Friday, and we had 2 other wedding appointments that day!) So, I'll keep you posted!

As for the rest, Collin and I had a marathon of wedding appointments Friday, as I said, so in addition to meeting with the photographers we also tried cakes (yum!) and met with Jennifer at Old Natchez. I think we may try to sample some food at Old Natchez when Collin is back in town in a couple weeks with his family! I'm currently awaiting some Save-the-Date samples from a company called Designs in Paper (http://designsinpaper.com/). I was referred to them by a sorority sister as well as by Jennifer. I also have a pretty good idea of the dress I want based on the lovely sketches Caitlin drew for me, and I have an appointment with a seamstress at b. Hughes Bridal on Thursday.

Everything is moving right along! Keep an eye out for more updates, because soon they will probably start pouring in!!

Thanks again for all your support! :)

Here's a few more pics from Collin's visit:


C & A

P.S. I forgot to mention that I've been nominated for Belmont Homecoming Queen haha! The game is this Saturday, so wish me luck! ;) But really it's an honor just to be on Homecoming Court. Definitely didn't see this one coming!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment