Monday, January 18, 2010

And so it begins...

Today I received my first unsolicited call from a company entitled "Southern Bridal Registry." Apparently, because I attended the bridal show yesterday, I am entitled to win a threefold gift package of crystal champagne flutes and two all-inclusive vacations - one to a city in the U.S., and one to either Mexico, the Bahamas, or the Dominican Republic. That was some ticket I bought!

I'm pretty convinced this call wasn't a scam necessarily, but I am even more convinced that I want nothing to do with this company. Unfortunately, I will probably be receiving even more phone calls from them - and many others - but I would much rather pay for a nice, secure honeymoon than go on one of theirs anyway, or risk my champagne leaking through their shoddy glasses. If it was any other vacation, I might consider it, but my honeymoon? No thanks.

Here's to staying strong and learning to say no!

C & A

0 comments:

Post a Comment